The best part of summer is the time it affords for travel and writing and reading  and . . .

Here’s what some of our Associate Editors have planned:

• Outreach Editor Robert Giron will be traveling to El Paso, Texas, in July and then, “possibly a cruise in July/August.”
  • Mike Maggio plans a summer of writing and reading: “As you know, I will be on Radio Fairfax, along with some of the other 30 for 30 poets. That will be on June 10 at 9 PM on Channel 37. I will be reading at BloomBars along with Marianne [Szlyk] on June 15. Other than that, I will be working on my newest collection, Let’s Call it Paradise.
  • Sherri Cook  Woosley’s plans involve attending the Gettysburg Review Conference in early June, followed by a family trip:  “Around June 14th we’re leaving for a cross-country RV trip from here out to Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Yellowstone, and Glacier National Park.”
  • Hananah Zaheer writes: “As for this summer, I plan on literary insanity.  I will be traveling to the US, working on my novel, attending Kenyon and Tin House conferences, and editing an anthology of fiction called Nomads: Voices on the Move, which will be a collection of fiction by women in the Middle East.  I am very excited about all these projects and what I expect will be complete and utter bliss of exhaustion.”
  • Lisa Lister blends teaching and travel this summer: she’s  leading a group of twelve George Mason undergrads to Ireland for a creative writing seminar.
  • Jessica Seigel tells us that  she’ll be “continuing work on my book of long stories/novel at the Writer’s Room, D.C. But I was at Vermont Studio Center for a residency for the first two weeks in April–that was wonderful.”
  • John Wang plans to catch up on reading now that the school year is over.

And good old PR will be summering by the computer, drinking piña coladas and helping #55 sail to publication.