Montgomery College Maryland logo

In the fall of 2021, Connor Redmond interviewed Filipe Lage de Sousa, an accomplished economist who has worked with the Brazilian Development Bank, the World Bank, United Nations, Global Development Network, and many other economic organizations. He is also a lecturer at Johns Hopkins University and Montgomery College.

Mr. Redmond share this insight from this interview: “From interviewing Mr. de Sousa, I gained a better understanding of what an economist does and what their work looks like. I also gained a better understanding of what is required of an economist to have, such as a great work ethic and a love for constantly learning. Something very valuable Mr. de Sousa gave was helpful hints on how to have meaning in my work, which is to ensure I am always helping others, and that finding a way to interact with people instead of always sitting behind a computer screen working on spreadsheets is a valuable thing for any economist.

If you are interested to learn about a career in economics and the role it plays in helping society, click here!

This Post Has 0 Comments