Are you feeling overwhelmed by your finals this semester, and unsure of how you're going…
Hi again friends!
It has definitely been a while since I was last here, but I am happy to be back! As we are getting closer to the end of this stressful semester, many of our goals are also going to be met. So, I think that we should all be thinking about this and make sure once again that we are doing our best to fully accomplish them. I never shared my goals for this semester with you guys, so I hope you can relate to them or even help you come up with your own.
- Getting those grades: Even though my schedule isn’t as full as my previous semesters I believe that the classes themselves are very challenging – especially Organic Chemistry 204. My goal is to get a B or better in both of my classes, but most importantly feel like I have learned so much and use that information in my future classes.
- Apply for Scholarships: I think it’s been a while since I have applied for some scholarships and that’s because I haven’t transfer yet, but I am trying to apply to as many as I can so I can feel financially secure and covered for my classes at the Universities at Shady Grove. I have been doing my research and it is now time to get started on those! Remember to get those letters of recommendation ahead of time from your professors.
- Stay organized: I have been very organized these past months and I’m very proud of that. It has definitely helped me stay on track and find everything I need when it came to quizzes, homework, and exams. I rewrite my notes when I get home because that helps me review the material once again and at the same time organize them better.
- Take care of my body: As I’m already changing my lifestyle by slowly transitioning to veganism, I feel that I am at a much better mindset than I was before. I am happy with the impact I’m making in this world as well as the lives of many animals I’m literally saving. Veganism is a touchy subject, but once you educate yourself and change your perspective, everything suddenly makes sense. Either way, I think this goal specifically will be met sooner than I expected.
- Enjoying life: I will be graduating this spring and, oh my goodness, time has flown by so fast. I have had the best years here at Montgomery College. I have learned so much as well as created strong relationships with friends and professors. I am proud to have been an MC raptor and so grateful to have met incredible people in this place. Thanks to MC, I’ve been able to experience the “college” experience that I wanted to get. So with that said, I have met this goal and will continue to do so until I graduate from here.
- Giving thanks: My last goal is to make sure that everyone who had made an impact in my life knows how thankful I am towards them. I will most likely write little thank you notes to everyone in my list because I want them to know that they are special to me and that I will never forget them:) I encourage you to do the same and share how that made you feel.
I am proud of how close I am to reaching my goals and you should be too. Remember that is never too late to change something in your life, so go ahead and just do it:)
Well, we’ve come to the end of this blog, but until next time, hasta luego!
Ps: “Hasta luego” means “see you later.”