The Washington Metropolitan Gamer Symphony Orchestra (WMGSO) is a nonprofit community orchestra whose mission is to share video game music by putting on affordable, accessible concerts in the D.C. area.
Founded in 2012, the ensemble has grown to nearly 100 members between the orchestra and choir. WMGSO stages concerts three times a year: full ensemble concerts in the fall and spring and chamber concerts in the summer. Additional chamber performances occur at fundraisers, conventions, and community outreach events throughout the year.
In celebration of WMGSO’s five-year anniversary in 2018, the ensemble recorded its first professional album. WMGSO: The Album includes 12 tracks performed by the full orchestra and/or choir. Thanks to meeting crowdfunding stretch goals, an additional eight tracks of chamber music were released shortly thereafter as a download-only album, WMGSO: The Album DLC. Both albums are available for purchase online.
MASK VACCINE or TEST POLICY:
- To ensure our patrons’ health and security, as well as the safety of our performers and staff, the Cultural Arts Center at Montgomery College has implemented the following policy:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required to attend all indoor performances and events at the Center.
- Patrons with a medical condition or a closely-held religious belief that prevents vaccination must provide proof of a recent (within 72hrs) negative COVID-19 test to attend an indoor performance.
- Masks are required at all times for all patrons and visitors regardless of vaccination status in all indoor spaces at the Kennedy Center.
- Performance ticket holders who do not comply with these policies will not be admitted.