UMBC’s TSA (Transfer Student Alliance) offers Montgomery College students a guaranteed scholarship of $1,500 for each of two years of full-time study for students who graduate from MC with a 3.5 overall GPA.
TSA Benefits Apply to the Main Campus and UMBC @ the Universities at Shady Grove:
- Access to UMBC facilities and campus services, including the libraries and computer laboratories.
- Student activities, including cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Concurrent enrollment at a 25 percent tuition discount for one UMBC course per semester (a total of 3 discounted courses).
- A $1,500 merit scholarship for each of two years of full-time study. This award can be accepted w/other UMBC merit awards.
▪ Apply in your first year at MC – after earning 12 credits with a 3.2 GPA and before completing 30 credits. Students who anticipate having at least 12 credits and a cumulative 3.2 GPA by the end of the current semester should apply by January 1 to participate in program benefits for the following spring semester, or by May 1 for the following fall semester.
▪ Complete an associate’s degree with a minimum cumulative 3.5 composite-GPA within four years of TSA enrollment.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County www.umbc.edu/TSA