Montgomery College Maryland logo

UMBC uses the Common Application, and they recently launched a new application for transfer students. When applying to UMBC, be aware of the following items:

  • Application Fee Waiver Codes – Any student who uses a UMBC school-specific fee waiver will need to request a fee waiver code. A link to request a code is included within the question regarding school-specific fee waivers, located in UMBC’s Program Materials section of the application.
  • Official Transcripts – Students are still required to submit official transcripts from each college or university they have attended in support of their application, but now they have two options on how to submit these documents:
    • Direct: Transcripts can continue to be sent directly to UMBC electronically or via mail. This method typically will take 1-2 business days for the transcript to be received.
    • Via the Common Application: Transcripts can be sent to the Common Application using a Transcript Request Form.  This information is provided within the student’s application and instructions are included on sending official transcripts to the Common Application Transcript Processing Center. The Common App Help Center provides further details on how to submit official transcripts. This method typically will take 7-10 business days for the transcript to be received. Note: The Common Application can only accept electronic transcripts from Parchment or National Clearing House. All other transcripts must be received via mail.

To learn more about the Common Application for transfer, watch a brief demo video from the Common Application here or visit the Common App Help Center.

If you have any questions about the information above, please contact Anna Conger, Transfer Coordinator at