Okay, folks, we’re starting a new season, working on a new issue– but first, come on over to the cyber coffee pot and pour yourself a steaming mug of electrons, pull up a cyber chair, and hear about what we’ve been up to.

Julie Wakeman-Linn, our editor-in-chief, has been to Breadloaf and back, and this smart interview linked above,”We Believe in the Conversations of Writers” by Stanley Trice of  the Review Review , will fill you in on the details.

Associate Editor Hananah Zaheer writes “I have been on an interesting journey this summer. Attended Kenyon and TinHouse, re-discovered the joys of living in dorms, and had a story accepted at the Concho River Review. Now, forward march. Jumped back into my novel.”

In October, Associate Editor Mike Maggio’s novel, The Wizard and the White House,”a sociopolitical satire of uncanny proportions,” will be published by Little Feather Books. He adds, “Over the coming months, I will be arranging radio gigs, books store readings and promotions through this email list as well as through my web site and the new Facebook Page I have set up for the book.”

Editor Robert Giron of Gival Press will be attending the Poets and Writers Live event at the Library of Congress on October 25 for “a day of advice and conversation.”

Associate Editor Sidney March was a panelist for the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities’ Artist Fellowship Literature Grants (FYI 2015). The grants, ranging from 5K-10K, were awarded to a variety of  writers of poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction and drama.

Associate Editor Sherri Woosley sent us this note:

Hope you had a lovely summer. My family — all 6 of us — piled into a
30-foot RV and headed west for 50 days. It was loud and good and crazy and
amazing. I wrote a blog just for that.

I have a story titled ‘Fusion’ coming out in the next week or so in Apeiron
Review, Issue 7 .

And, finally, Technology Editor J. Howard was selected to lead the A Splendid Wake committee for the year.  A Splendid Wake, created by many of Washington’s leading poets, exists to archive and celebrate the many poets, poetry groups and events that have flourished in the DC area.  The group maintains a wiki at GWU’s Gelman Library, a blog, and, each year, hosts an event on the Vernal Equinox.