It’s a rainy Monday morning here in Maryland, but we are happy with our memories of last week’s events.

Alice McDermott was here on campus last Thursday evening for a wonderful reading as part of the F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference Spring event. I love to hear Alice read but even more, I enjoy her insightful responses in Q&A sessions.

On Weds April 15th,. the Potomac Review and MC’s Women’s studies sponsored “Women Poets Write about AIDS”. Poets Elisavietta Ritchie, Nancy Naomi Carlson, Jane Satterfield and Lisa Freedman read poems about AIDS and engaged 40 students in workshops about how to write poetry about social issues. We will be featuring some of the poetry in this space.

We are still recovering from the success of Conversations and Connections III. It will be a quiet couple of weeks while we catch up on our reading around here.

Lynn Freed, my Breadloaf mentor, will be touring with her new novel, The Servant’s Quarters. Looks like a wonderful read, I’m going to go get my copy now. I only wish she was coming to Washington. Check out her schedule of readings at www.lynnfreed.com

Issue #45 is here –are you ordered your copy yet?