Amazing … Conversations and Connections III . The team of Potomac Review, Baltimore Review and Barrelhouse Mag faced down potential disaster at 8:20 a.m. Our keynote speaker, Amy Hempel, left us high and dry at the last minute. How do you keep 250 writers from rioting? Give the people more of what they came for… more speed dating. Our very grateful thanks to all our brother and sister lit mag editors who took on the extra 45 minutes of one-on-one sessions without a murmur. My eternal gratitude to my fabulous associate editors, to Will and Leila the managing editor team and of course Potomac review interns in kilts. (photos coming soon, preliminary photo to the right)

Our thanks to everybody who played along nicely as we had to readjust our afternoon schedule. It was the kind of conference where people had actual conversations, caught up with friends and swapped stories. I personally was delighted to meet the writers and poets we published in Issue #45.

Issue #45 is finally here. It was a struggle but I think the appropriate analogy is this: it was the baby who makes you sick the whole nine months, requires a three day labor but, in the end, is still a beautiful baby. So order an issue right now. Remember all subscriptions, donations, gift subscriptions go directly to support our interns.

We will be announcing the Potomac Review fiction contest winners on Weds. The results are in. What an exciting set of stories. Check back here on Wednesday.

The reading period will close May 1st . The online submission manager has created quite a backlog and I admit we are behind on reading. So patience please as we catch up.

Join us on Facebook!