Welcome to the blog of The Potomac Review. It is going to be a joint effort by me, Editor, my managing editors Will Grofic and Leila Emery, and my wonderful student interns. My associate editors who give your submissions the first and second reads will also take turns posting. Hopefully you, our readers, contributors and supporters, will get an inside look at how we operate and what we like.

So for our first entry, I say welcome! I hope this becomes like the wonderful conversations I had with so many friends and acquaintances last weekend at AWP-an exchange of ideas and stories and news.

At AWP, I spent some time with a very good friend of The Potomac Review, Marilyn Kallet, whose beautiful new book, Packing Light, is out from Black Widow Press (wwwblackwidowpress.com). We were proud to publish “Charon, With Dignity, Bikernieki” in Issue#42 when Marilyn was our featured poet.

Issue #45 is just now at the printers. I hope to see page proofs today. We will keep you updated on all our news, conference activities, and reports of what we are reading. Have a great day.
-Julie WL