Worrying out about that speech you must do for your final? Here’s my personal advice.

John Arango

My name is John and I like cats. My dad’s from Colombia and my mom’s from El Salvador. I have been attending Montgomery College (full-time) for two years now. I did not rush into college after high school graduation because I wanted time to decide what major I should study. I also gave entrepreneurship a shot (it wasn’t as easy as it seemed…)

After many self-evaluations and numerous online career assessments, I ultimately decided that the best major for me is communications. Many hobbies I do can fall under the major (e.g. graphic arts, video editing, etc.) I want to become a Communications professor and/or a social media marketer. Also, I major in Communications because I’m bad at math.

I like to be creative, which is why I love video editing and art. I’m a goofy person as well. Combine my creativity with my goofiness? I guarantee that you’ll never get bored from my content. So grab your popcorn, sit back, and prepare to be entertained by my interesting, legendary, 100% NOT BORING vlogs!

This Post Has 2 Comments
  1. Hi John,
    Another tip I’ve learned about conquering nervousness in giving speeches is to imagine yourself giving a successful speech. Visualize yourself being introduced and walking up to the podium; visualize yourself as a poised and articulate individual, who gives an interesting and inspiring speech. I’ve found these to be a very useful techniques, in addition to practice of course, for reducing anxiety and increasing confidence before an important speech.
    Best of luck,
    Arleen