So it’s that time, your final semester at MC. You’re so excited to finally be getting you degree, but how do you do that?
Lucky for you, I’m in the same boat—I’m graduating this semester too. So here are a few tips I’ve found to be helpful when you’re in your last semester at MC.
- Apply for graduation EARLY! I applied for graduation the third week in school and I am so glad I did because there were some problems I had to get fixed. Applying for graduation is quite simple.
- Log onto MyMC, click “my classes” then “apply for graduation”
- Scroll down and click “online graduation application” then select your graduation term and follow what’s next!
- After you hit “submit” you sit and wait 2-3 weeks for your candidacy for graduation degree audit evaluation to come in the mail.
- Once you receive your envelope in the mail, open it IMMEDIATELY. This envelope contains your graduation degree audit form which will tell you if you are good to go for graduation or if there are some hiccups in your way.
- If there are some hiccups, I recommend getting in touch with your graduation advisor (whose name should be on the paper) and trying to get to the bottom of the problem so you can graduate on time.
- This is the most important tip, don’t mess around even though you’ve been approved for graduation. You still need to pass all of your classes in order to graduate so don’t get into a “senior slump” per say, finish your work as you have every other semester and you’ll get that diploma!
Applying for graduation is a bit intimidating so I hope these tips help! Together, we can all get our Associate’s from MC!