We are halfway through the semester and I don’t know about you, but for me that means all of the research papers are coming up! Now this is my last semester at MC so I have done my fair share of research papers, but I recently learned something that will make my future projects so much easier.
First thing, all of the MC libraries have specific librarians for different majors and class types that can help you out–you can email them or visit them at their library.
If you can’t make it to the library though, the online database, Raptor-Search, is an AMAZING resource. Here’s how to utilize it:
- Visit the Montgomery College website and click on “library” in the top right corner.
- Scroll to the left where it says “research” and scroll down and click “library course page” under “learn”
- Now you have some options:
- You can click on your campus where you will then see your class’ research paper guide (if your teacher has submitted it). If you find your class, you will then be taken to a page specifically designed for your project full of more resources tailored to your studying.
- You can also use a “resource tool kit” for common classes like ENG 101 or BIOL 150.
If you still need more help researching here are some tips:
- When researching on raptor search always click “full-text.” This limits your search to all of the databases MC has full access to.
- If you need an actual book, click on “catalog only” in raptor search. Then you can limit to books. This also shows you which campus the book is on and where in the library. Wanna know the cool thing? If the book is on another campus, you can request to have it sent to your campus free of charge!
Hopefully these tips will help you to create your best research papers yet!