Well it’s that time of year again. The sun is shining, the weather is warmer and that last thing you want to do is your school work. I’m sorry to be the one to tell you that we still have about 7 weeks left of school before summer break.
To help you stay focused and out of what I like to call the “spring slump,” I decided to make a list of some tips I find useful at this time of year.
- Plan your day out so you can make time for the outdoors. I find this to be super helpful. After school, I will give myself an hour of free time to be outdoors playing with my nephew, leisurely reading or exercising. I find that after this hour, I am more relaxed and ready to tackle my coursework.
- Do your school work outdoors. If you just love being outside, do your school work outside. All the MC campuses have tables and benches outside that are great for setting up shop while catching some sun.
- Join an outdoor club. MC has many different clubs and organizations you can join that venture outdoors.
- Keep an eye on deadlines. Now that it is sunnier longer, it can seem like the days are longer, but they are not. It can be easy for all these deadlines to catch up to you so make sure you watch out for them so you don’t fall behind.
- Take weekend trips. We are lucky to live so close to so many wonderful places that make perfect weekend getaways. Take a break from studying and visit Annapolis, downtown Frederick, or even Washington DC.
Spring break was fun, but school isn’t over yet. Hopefully, these tips can help your last few weeks of the semester go by smoothly and still let you enjoy this beautiful weather!
What do you like to do on a nice spring day?