I have had financial aid for a while now and I am still learning some important things. One thing is the importance of checking to make sure your classes are actually covered by financial aid. So, I thought I would give you the steps here:
- Log onto MyMC
- Click the “Registration” tab and then “Apply For Graduation”- don’t worry you aren’t actually applying for graduation!
- You will come to a page that says, “Graduation and Degree Evaluation” and towards the bottom you should see a button that says “Degree Evaluation” – click on it!
- Next, you will need to select your term—so if it was for this spring it would be Spring 2019.
- You should come to a page that says, “Degree Evaluation Record” and in the bottom-middle of that page click on “Generate New Evaluation.”
- Make sure you set the term to the term you are looking for—so for our example, Spring 2019, and hit generate.
- Now you are at your degree evaluation! Scroll through and it will tell you what course requirements you still need to meet. But, at the bottom, you will find what we are looking for.
- At the bottom, you will see “In Progress Courses,” “Courses not Used,” and “Attributes not Used.” Any classes in the “Courses not Used” are not eligible for financial aid.
Now if you find some of your classes are not going to be covered by financial aid, I advise you to go meet with your major advisor (which I will discuss more next week) and figure out what you can do. I hope this will help make it easier to figure out what courses are covered by financial aid!