Save Up For The Holidays Easily This Year

Hey Montgomery College! We are full swing into November, and more than halfway done with the first semester. It feels like everything is just whizzing by, and I don’t know about you, but with jobs, friends, and family, I’ve had to juggle a lot of activities on my plate. However, things cost money (much to everyone’s dismay), and if you’re anything like me or the rest of the student population, you don’t have unlimited funds. Here are some helpful websites I’ve used to help save a little extra cash for when gift-giving season comes around.

Unidays.com. In my opinion, this is one of the most creative and innovative money-saving websites out there because it is specifically tailored to university students and their interests. I’ve gotten steals and discounts on a wide variety of cool experiences and items, such as travel subscriptions, stationary, and more!

Wisebread.com. Although Wisebread doesn’t offer any sizable student sales or discounts, this blogging website offers unparalleled financial advice, specifically tailored to people on a tight or small budget. I’ve learned countless money-saving tips that have helped me save up thousands of dollars throughout the year.

Groupon. I’m sure many of you are familiar with the groundbreaking website and app, but Groupon has recently added many more partnerships and deals tailored to the everyday student. Be sure to refresh the app frequently to get amazing steals on restaurants throughout the Maryland and D.C. area.

Mint. In addition to Wisebread, Mint has effectively and efficiently allowed me to manage my finances all through the touch of a finger. Not only does Mint track your expenses, bills, and cards, it also personalizes an easy-to-follow budget for even the most frivolous of spenders (aka me).

I know it’s tough for us students to juggle school, expenses, and a social life all at the same time, but hopefully these websites and apps help ease some financial burden. Stay warm Raptors, and remember to always stay money-smart!

Anika LaVina

My name is Annika La Vina (pronounced like Monica without the M). I am 20 years old, and I am currently a new student at MC. I love all kinds of sports and am super into fitness - catch me running on the side of Rockville Pike on a sunny day! In addition, I love reading and writing and have been an avid writer since elementary school. I dabble in all kinds of major writing forms - fictional, academic and now, blogging!
After high school, I traveled and worked around the world for two years. It was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time, but most of all, it was rewarding. Not only did I experience new cultures and meet tons of people, I also realized several things about myself - the most important being that I needed to go back to school.
It’s frightening - super frightening actually - to embark on a new stage in life. However, you’re not alone. Join me in my newest, weirdest, scariest, most exciting adventure yet - college!

This Post Has 2 Comments
  1. This is sooooo useful! Anything penny we could save as college students is important. It’s crazy how fast money goes. Even though I work a lot I still feel that money comes and goes too quickly for me. I find Unidays and Groupon really helpful when it comes to saving money. I use Unidays more for apple music and also for scholarships to apply for. On the other hand, I use Groupon for all sorts of things like sales for movies, apparel, food, and many more bundles that it has to offer!

2. Doubling up on coupons is great too. If something is already on sale and then a coupon applies also to sales items, I have found great deals for a fraction of the cost (especially for entertaining or holiday decorating items). I buy decor after holidays for the next year. Save big on clothing by buying off season. You may not be able to wear that North Face jacket (or whatever brand you may be into) in March, but you probably can get it at 40% of the original cost and save it for the following fall. Don’t be fooled by ‘outlets’. Their prices are really not so great.