As some of us have already taken our midterm exams, a lot of stress can also come into play. Grades definitely make us feel many things and can also affect the way we continue to get through the semester. Yes, we may feel insecure about our performance in a class or even think that we won’t end on a good note because we did really bad on a test or quiz. This happens a lot while in school, but don’t be afraid. We all fall down at some point of our lives, but we eventually have to get up!
With that in mind, I thought I could share some tips and things that you can do to slowly get back up on your feet.
- Reflect on that poor grade by going over your mistakes. Doing this will not only help you figure out the right answer, but it will also allow you to see how close or far you were from having the correct one.
- Find ways to improve your writing if that’s the case. There are many resources at school that can help you with any class that you may have.
- Practice, practice, practice! I can assure you that you’re better off by reviewing or practicing before you go to class.
- This ties a little bit to number three. Anyone can learn anything as long as you train your brain. Our brain is a muscle, so if you want it to retain information you must constantly show it what you’re learning in class. The more you expose to your brain, the faster you will learn. And feeding your brain is the best thing you could do to learn just about anything.
- Relax, take a deep breath, and get back up! A poor grade doesn’t define you so rather than feeling like you’ve failed in life, do something about it and think positively-it’s good for the soul. 🙂
We all go through ups and downs in school, as well as in life overall. We must learn to persevere and get over our mistakes because we will make many more as we grow. So be ready to keep on learning and not give up when something doesn’t work out! You are not alone.
As always, thank you for staying!