This semester is going to be a breeze if you stay on top of things. Below I created some tips that will help you in and out of class.
- When it comes to finding out what classes you need to take, please see a counselor. I remember taking a class because my friend told me to. By the fifth week of class, my professor overheard me telling another student my major. She said, “You’re not suppose to be in here”. You should have seen my face.
- Don’t pay for a tutor; MC provides tutors through the writing center, the math center and mentoring programs. (plus it comes out of your tuition so might as well make use of it)
- Find a group of friends
- If you take the shuttle to get to one campus from another, I encourage that you start catching the bus ahead of time. For example, if your class starts at 10am, don’t wait to catch the 9:15. The bus may be full that day, running late, or you may just miss it entirely. So plan accordingly.
- Get involved on campus. By connecting with your peers you can learn about many opportunities MC offers.
- Get to know your professor, try and go that extra mile with them. Who know’s, they might be the one writing your recommendation when it’s time to transfer.
- Check out the writing center, go to a few workshops.
- Make sure you have an updated resume on you at all times. This resource is available in the career services department. Counseling Building (CB) 219.
- Stop spending so much money at the bookstore or the cafeteria. Rockville town center has over a dozen restaurants and it’s cheaper (personal opinion).
- You’re at MC so make it count.
Which tip did you find the most resourceful? Comment Below.
Till next time