Montgomery College Maryland logo
Pic 4

pic-4

Current Mood: Fly Away by Mokhov

Wow. Just wow.

I think that pretty much sums up how my Thanksgiving holiday went and a wise estimate of how these next two weeks will be.

My Thanksgiving was great. Even though I was mostly sick and not able to fully cherish all the food that was given, I was at least able to see my family and enjoy their company. While gathered around familiar faces and having my sister venture back home from college, I could not stop reminiscing about what my life was like. I have truly grown up and matured, and the people that encompassed my cousin’s home that night had all, in some way, shape or form, contributed to my success. For that, I am truly grateful.

It is Tuesday and with only two weeks until the end of the semester, I am bombarded with work. I thought that if I spent my time wisely (which I did) over the holiday that I would be ahead of all my work only to find out Monday that isn’t the case. I now have so many group assignments in addition to several essays not even including the life-altering-stress-inducing finals. This is where my organization and planning skills come into full force. I can no longer procrastinate and have referred to my agenda book as my collegiate Bible (along with my syllabi) and my trusted companions: sticky-notes. With these items, I cannot fail.

Within this blog post, I will provide some of the facilities and places that Montgomery College offers so that you all can successfully cram in all those assignments:

The Writing Center

One of the best places to get help with those 7-page essays. No, they will not do the assignment for you. However, if you at least complete an outline or a rough draft, the staff can help you with the remainder of the writing assignment.

The Language Lab

Truly, I am not expert in French, and my family and close friends constantly pick at me on my pronunciation of certain words. The language lab is the best place to get help. Hopefully, your professors (if they’re nice) have given you some sort of review packet, which is a great way to brush up on all the material you overlooked or are struggling with.

The Library

I am pretty sure all of your professors have stressed the importance of the library catalog and database. So much information is located on there to help you all get those academic journals to make your essay stand out. In addition to properly cite and create your works cited. Along with being a good place to get assistance for research, certain areas in the library are perfect for studying, or quite enough to catch some z’s before class.

*Your Professor’s Office Hours

THEY ARE LOCATED ON YOUR SYLLABI!!! Use them to your advantage. If you are truly struggling in a course, do not be afraid to meet with your professor for assistance.

With all that being said, have a good week and spread some positivity.

-Blue

Blue

"The Glass Castle" taught me about enjoying simplicity and the true value of objects. "The Great Gatsby" shed light on money, success, greed, and friendship. And "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" conveyed the morbidity of how inevitable fate is.
My name is KeAndre Blue, but Blue is my preferred name. I adore books and I am from Bristol, England. I have been living in the United States for seven years. I have had the blessing to travel a lot during my younger years of childhood which has open my mind to different cultures, environments, and how truly magnificent the world is.
My siblings are my pride and joy. And my pet, Kohta, who's restlessness makes my day. I consider myself a free spirit who thrives on spontaneity and conquers adversity. In my down time I am either reading a book or writing poetry. But when the weekend comes, I am out with friends attending a concert, camping, taking random road trips, or occasionally visiting the museum.
I have a strong relationship with pizza, and will spend more money on food than on clothes without a second thought. I enjoy yoga and running and my music interests are mainly deep house, indie, and jazz. My main goal in life is to gain more than five hours of sleep see if I can survive on pizza alone.
I am currently pursuing my associates degree in Communication Studies and will hopefully graduate in the fall of 2017.
With all of that being said, I hope you guys enjoy my posts. And if you see me on campus say “Hello”, I would love to meet you all.