Montgomery College Maryland logo
Blveee

Current Mood: Borderless by Keena

Can you ever be too organized? Is spending time to place things in order more of a hindrance than a help? Is labeling everything necessarily good? These were some of the things that crossed my mind as my best friend made fun of me. We were on our way to a concert when I handed her my phone to be the designated GPS. As she swiped my screen looking for a music application, she started to laugh. She explained that it was the way my applications were set up on my iPhone. As she laughed hysterically in the passenger seat, she continued to go through my calendar where all my courses are placed, where my work hours are carefully labeled, and where I insert my free time for both leisure and to study. With every flick to the phone’s screen, as she navigated the calendar, her laughter came to an abrupt halt. She then turned to me and asked, “How much time do spend doing this?” The question truly caught me off guard. I’d been blocking out her laughter all this time; I didn’t even hear the question until she asked it a second time.

This was the longest pause within this 2-hour car ride. The question didn’t fit the aura of the drive nor did it vibe with the ramped drum and bass playing from the radio. After what seemed to be a minute, I said I didn’t know how much time I spent putting in dates and times of my every movement. It wasn’t something I spent time thinking about; instead, it was something I just mindlessly did.

As I sit here and recall that weird event (and yes, the conversation was short-lived as she quickly became the DJ with the aux cord), I now question if all the time I spent planning and pre-planning events were truly worth it? Is the time carefully spent coordinating every event and scribbling on sticky notes future due dates of college assignments worth the precision? Does my organization make me more productive and efficient or is it hindering me? I must admit no matter how many deadlines and assignments I write in my agenda book, I still manage to leave a few uncompleted and forgotten. And with my days carefully arranged I still find myself arriving late to appointments.

Somehow my life would be completely different if I didn’t have most of it organized. It makes me a better me. To others, it may be tedious or over-done, but for me it somehow keeps me sane. Knowing when my assignments are due beforehand and tracking my daily tasks helps me prioritize the important things in life. It also allows me to make room for some moments of spontaneity.

As always, have a great week. Make room for spontaneity and positivity.

Blue

­­­

Blue

"The Glass Castle" taught me about enjoying simplicity and the true value of objects. "The Great Gatsby" shed light on money, success, greed, and friendship. And "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" conveyed the morbidity of how inevitable fate is.
My name is KeAndre Blue, but Blue is my preferred name. I adore books and I am from Bristol, England. I have been living in the United States for seven years. I have had the blessing to travel a lot during my younger years of childhood which has open my mind to different cultures, environments, and how truly magnificent the world is.
My siblings are my pride and joy. And my pet, Kohta, who's restlessness makes my day. I consider myself a free spirit who thrives on spontaneity and conquers adversity. In my down time I am either reading a book or writing poetry. But when the weekend comes, I am out with friends attending a concert, camping, taking random road trips, or occasionally visiting the museum.
I have a strong relationship with pizza, and will spend more money on food than on clothes without a second thought. I enjoy yoga and running and my music interests are mainly deep house, indie, and jazz. My main goal in life is to gain more than five hours of sleep see if I can survive on pizza alone.
I am currently pursuing my associates degree in Communication Studies and will hopefully graduate in the fall of 2017.
With all of that being said, I hope you guys enjoy my posts. And if you see me on campus say “Hello”, I would love to meet you all.