Montgomery College Maryland logo
Picture Room

Current Mood: Morning in America by Jon Bellion

As midterms pass and the priority deadline to complete the FASFA approaches, I grow more and more anxious for graduation. Even though I only have one semester left, my body is already in hibernation mode while my mind grows apprehensive. Applying for graduation comes with stressors on top of managing my current classes. I not only have to ensure that my spring classes match my degree plan, but make sure my GPA is transfer ready. With being unsettled on which university to choose from and meeting with their academic advisers, I am ready for winter holiday, but honestly, it is all bitter sweet. There is the joy of knowing that I am so close to the finish line, and the feeling that I worked so hard to achieve something great in this journey of life; however, I have to admit, getting to this point and having enough energy to actually finish it is tough. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with things in my personal life and college life that at times I ask myself: is it all worth it? It truly is a fantastic journey of self discovery.

I am fairly certain you all have those moments where you struggle to get out of bed for classes. I am guilty of being one of those individuals who constantly hits the snooze button, tricking myself into thinking I can get ready five or ten minutes before class in hopes of getting a few more minutes of sleep. I also can admit that procrastination is my downfall, and that no matter how many times I convince myself that I do my best work under pressure (a day before the deadline), nothing compares to the joy of completing an assignment a few days before its due. I accept that I fall into the same category with my millennial counterparts: that social media is great way to pass time especially when you are pulled into a dull conversation or event.  Though typing this, I realize that no matter how much I try to stray away from the “broke college student” stigma, I cannot help but spend my last few dollars on chipotle or pizza. I am saying all of this because these are the moments where we are tested. When we get out of the bed on time for class, when we pride ourselves on actually studying for a test, when we actually turn an essay in on the due date, and when we decided to finally invest in a mason jar to keep change stashed…these little moments that gradually make us a better college-student. By taking it day by day and making little changes, we become less stressed and more capable of being successful.

With all of this being said, I hope you make these small changes and spread some positivity.

Blue

Blue

"The Glass Castle" taught me about enjoying simplicity and the true value of objects. "The Great Gatsby" shed light on money, success, greed, and friendship. And "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" conveyed the morbidity of how inevitable fate is.
My name is KeAndre Blue, but Blue is my preferred name. I adore books and I am from Bristol, England. I have been living in the United States for seven years. I have had the blessing to travel a lot during my younger years of childhood which has open my mind to different cultures, environments, and how truly magnificent the world is.
My siblings are my pride and joy. And my pet, Kohta, who's restlessness makes my day. I consider myself a free spirit who thrives on spontaneity and conquers adversity. In my down time I am either reading a book or writing poetry. But when the weekend comes, I am out with friends attending a concert, camping, taking random road trips, or occasionally visiting the museum.
I have a strong relationship with pizza, and will spend more money on food than on clothes without a second thought. I enjoy yoga and running and my music interests are mainly deep house, indie, and jazz. My main goal in life is to gain more than five hours of sleep see if I can survive on pizza alone.
I am currently pursuing my associates degree in Communication Studies and will hopefully graduate in the fall of 2017.
With all of that being said, I hope you guys enjoy my posts. And if you see me on campus say “Hello”, I would love to meet you all.

This Post Has One Comment

1. Blu, I hope all the small changes translate into a huge positive for you – to transfer to the school you want and to pursue your career. I agree we come down too hard on ourselves and fail to see all the baby steps that lead to the goal we had envisioned. You are right: Look at all those little steps of growth along the way – passing that test/final, going to that class, making those deadlines…..being a blogger while attending school 🙂 Keep up those little increments!