Montgomery College Maryland logo
Blog 1

Current Mood: Good Grief (Don Diablo Remix) by Bastille

It is always a pleasure sharing my experiences and insight of my college life with you all. And I am ecstatic to do another semester.

So as far as an update from my last post….

I was honestly able to complete almost everything on my summer bucket list. I participated in several 5k’s throughout the summer. I was able to visit Dubai in addition to several awfully planned road trips that changed my whole perception of irony. And I was actually able to create my own personal lifestyle blog too. All in all, my summer was magnificent and unforgettable.

So now that I have completed all these things over the summer, I am now prepared to welcome in the new semester full of change and new trials and tribulations. This fall has been off to a great start. And to be honest I am unsure if I’m looking at this semester more optimistically compared to the rest merely because I can see my graduation date approaching (to be honest, I’m wishing it could come faster). Or it could be that I’m actually in love with all my classes.  Really, I think I have the best schedule ever. My classes are running smoothly and are separated with enough time to spare for studying and slight procrastination for assignments. Which works on my behalf because not only am I a full time college student but I currently hold two internships and two part time jobs. Some may criticize this “hectic” load, but for me, it works perfectly. When I have so many things going on, it forces me to plan out things far in advance and less time on social media and frivolous time on Netflix. This leaves me with more time spent on prioritizing and completing assignments.

Planning things out in advance has always been my forte, so I already pre-planned these events prior to the semester starting. In some way I was prepared of what the outcome would be. But the funny thing about life, which I am constantly reminded of, is that nothing ever goes as planned. Life is supposed to be lived with spontaneity. Which leaves me to question if I am actually living life or am I just living a little?

With all of that being said, have a good week and spread some positivity.

-Blue

Blue

"The Glass Castle" taught me about enjoying simplicity and the true value of objects. "The Great Gatsby" shed light on money, success, greed, and friendship. And "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" conveyed the morbidity of how inevitable fate is.
My name is KeAndre Blue, but Blue is my preferred name. I adore books and I am from Bristol, England. I have been living in the United States for seven years. I have had the blessing to travel a lot during my younger years of childhood which has open my mind to different cultures, environments, and how truly magnificent the world is.
My siblings are my pride and joy. And my pet, Kohta, who's restlessness makes my day. I consider myself a free spirit who thrives on spontaneity and conquers adversity. In my down time I am either reading a book or writing poetry. But when the weekend comes, I am out with friends attending a concert, camping, taking random road trips, or occasionally visiting the museum.
I have a strong relationship with pizza, and will spend more money on food than on clothes without a second thought. I enjoy yoga and running and my music interests are mainly deep house, indie, and jazz. My main goal in life is to gain more than five hours of sleep see if I can survive on pizza alone.
I am currently pursuing my associates degree in Communication Studies and will hopefully graduate in the fall of 2017.
With all of that being said, I hope you guys enjoy my posts. And if you see me on campus say “Hello”, I would love to meet you all.

This Post Has One Comment

1. Welcome back Blu! What an exciting summer you had, I hear Dubai is something else to see. It really is a ‘go to’ destination these days; I know so many who have gone. It’s amazing how mobile people have become. But, back to class at MC. I am glad to hear you LOVE your classes! That’s so positive and refreshing. I see a common theme among the bloggers so far – that you are all really busy, perhaps overloaded somewhat, but still seem to be seeking balance, whether that is through your 5K races, travel, walking or having a hobby. Great first post and I look forward to more.