To the College Community:
Technology is constantly changing – and the College’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) is committed to keeping pace by providing innovative technology tools and resources that enhance teaching and learning, improve business processes, and, most importantly, meet the needs and expectations of the College community.
To that end, OIT is in the process of launching several initiatives intended to optimize the use of our resources in support of the College’s mission. The first of these will debut this summer when OIT will implement Microsoft Office 365. Office 365 is a suite of cloud-based collaboration and productivity services which provide access to familiar Office software from any device. Office 365 provides the functionality you currently depend on using familiar e-mail and calendar tools and practices. Benefits will include:
• 50 gigabyte individual Exchange mailboxes – a dramatic increase over the present limit
• 1 terabyte “OneDrive” for individual file storage accessible from your PC or mobile device
• Online access to the latest Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) to share and edit documents across your devices
• Optimized access for mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, and Android platforms
As the latest version of the Office software becomes available, you will notice improvements in the appearance and functionality of the tools and a generally more modern “look and feel” when using your e-mail via a web browser.
Student e-mail will move to Microsoft Office 365 too. Students will receive specific and detailed information describing the process and benefits in a separate communication.
In the weeks to come, you will receive more detailed information about Office 365 as well as other exciting new services and capabilities that will become available soon. Thank you in advance for your support as we continue to enhance the College’s technology infrastructure.
And as always, the IT Service Desk is available to address any technology-related questions or issues. You can reach us:
· by e-mail at email@example.com
· by web chat on OIT’s web page at http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/oit
· by phone at 240-567-7222
Find out more about the Microsoft Office 365 initiative.
Vice President of Instructional and Information Technology / CIO