The Hillman blog has been relatively quiet in the past few months, but that is not because we have no news! In fact, I am happy to report that all current Hillman students have completed their first semester with the program at Montgomery College and have a slew of accomplishments and experiences to share. Just a few of these include:
- Five students have completed Hillman sponsored internships and another ten are getting ready to start an internship in the spring semester. Many thanks to our intern sponsors of the past semester including: Team Results USA, E-Launchers, Maryland Women’s Business Center, Sandy Spring Museum, and Dr. Gail Davis, DDS.
- As a cohort, our students visited the National Portrait Gallery, the US Patent and Trademark Office, and SPAGnVOLA Chocolatier. to learn about innovators throughout American history, the process for protecting intellectual property, and the vision of a local entrepreneur with worldwide impact.
- We came together with our program partners at Prince George’s Community College to support the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s at the National Harbor.
- Altogether, the 2018-2019 Hillman entrepreneurs attended over 75 community events to broaden their knowledge and network of professional in the local community.
- The semester culminated in a marathon of business pitches designed to entice other Hillman students to join a business development team next semester. As a result, six teams will go forward next semester, provisionally focused on “Caring for Others,” “All About the Food,” “Supporting the Environment,” “There’s an App for That!” “It’s a Party,” and “Students Being Successful.”
So won’t you join me in congratulating this extraordinary group of students in a successful start on their journey towards becoming the next generation of ethical leaders in Maryland!
And stay tuned–many big changes and events are afoot and we’re ready to report them to you!